Sunday, June 20, 2010

My hair is naturally medium to dark brown, but for the past six months I have colored my hair black.

I decided to go to a dark natural brown. I had some regrowth showing when I decided to color but I thought that it would all come out the same color. What ended up happening was my regrowth turned red and it did not effect the black. What can I do to fix this?



My hair is naturally medium to dark brown, but for the past six months I have colored my hair black.?

The bad news is you have to remove some color....the good news is you don't have to remove as much color as you would if you were picking a lighter color. Now, there is a reason your regrowth turned red and not the Dark Natural Brown you say you put on your hair....are you sure it was dark natural brown? Did you look on the box for an expiration date?



Rule of thumb is color does not remove color so if you are black a dark brown will only make the black darker not lighter but it should have made your root a dark brown!



Ok So .....you need to find a Sally Beauty Supply Store and ask to be shown the color removers they offer the public. Read it well to see if you need anything from there to mix it with...(20 vol. develpoer? Water?) Read It. You will not want to leave this remover on as long as someone who wants to go lighter.



While you are there get the 20 vol. developer and pick out a Beautiful Brown you would like to see your hair as....Beautiful Browns are Clairol and all Clairol colors are = parts developer to color...... hence 2 oz. color 2 oz. developer.....grab a color bottle while you are there too! Go home and have fun.



My hair is naturally medium to dark brown, but for the past six months I have colored my hair black.?

The best thing to do would be to grow it out or wait a long time and then have it dyed in a professional salon which is what I did, I had a similar situation like yours and since I was pregnant I abstained from dying my hair for 9 months went back afterwards got it done and they were able to lighten it. So you may have to wait a while because I wouldnt recommend bleaching it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate